In order to maximize your luxury skincare experience and to assist in the maintenance of Retrouvé products, we recommend the following:
- For those with very sensitive skin, we recommend first applying a small amount of product to the inside of the wrist or elbow area and leaving on for several hours or overnight as a “patch test” to determine whether a product is compatible with your skin type before applying to the face. Rinse the area thoroughly should irritation occur.
- Apply only to clean skin.
- Cleanse hands thoroughly before applying products in order to prevent germs, bacteria, dirt, or other contaminating substances from being transferred from your fingers.
- Upon first use, due to the exceptional viscosity of our rich formulations, bottle nozzles may need to be pumped multiple times before product is dispensed.
- Do not let fingertip directly touch the nozzle of the dispensing area. Instead, allow the pump to project the product onto clean fingertip and repeat as needed.
- Because our products are highly concentrated, only a small amount is needed.
- We advocate limiting sun exposure as well as the consistent and generous use of a broad-spectrum sunscreen product.
- Do not expose product to extremes of hot or cold temperatures.
- Store in a dry place at room temperature and away from areas of humidity.
APPLICATION ORDER OF SKINCARE PRODUCTS
For optimal efficacy, products should be applied to clean, dry skin in the following order:
- Prescribed Topical Medications (Retin-A, for example)
- Eye-Area Preparation
- Facial Serums/Moisturizers (from lightest to richest)
Per the Skin Cancer Foundation, applying sunscreen to the skin after one’s moisturizer will provide the best results; details and helpful information on sun protection are available at www.skincancer.org.