We are Morse Laboratories L.P. (“Morse Laboratories”), a limited partnership organized under the laws of the State of California. We manufacture the luxury skincare brand Retrouvé. We operate the website www.retrouve.com ("Website"). Our principal place of business is located at 3075 Pacific Coast Highway #351 Malibu CA 90265.
1. What personal data do we collect?
1.1 We may collect the following information
1.1.1 Information that you provide to us (e.g. by completing a form on the Website or contacting us).
- Your name and contact details (including telephone number, home address and email address);
- Billing information (including delivery address and payment details). We reserve the right to request additional evidence or proof of billing information where we think this is necessary;
- Expressed personal preferences (e.g. communications and language settings);
- Interactions with us (e.g. transaction history); and Correspondence and communications between us and you.
1.1.2 Information we collect from your use of the Website
We may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including your computer's IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the URL clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
1.3 You do not have to provide personal data to access the Website but certain functionality (such as being able to purchase our products via the Website) will not otherwise be available to you.
1.4 You confirm that all information you provide to us at any time is true, accurate and complete.
1.5 You must not provide information about anyone else unless you have that party’s permission to do so.
2. Why do we need your personal data?
2.1 We may use your personal data for the following reasons:
- Order management and fulfillment and to complete any contractual arrangements between us and you;
- Transaction processing (including the processing of your payment details, credit checks and fraud prevention activities). These checks may be required, amongst other things, to verify your identity, to validate your credit or debit card, to obtain an initial credit or debit card authorization and/or to authorize individual purchases;
- Website and business analysis, administration and management;
- Allowing you to participate in the interactive features of the Website (e.g. accessing social network platforms);
- Sending you communications via newsletter subscription – should you elect affirmatively to sign up and receive - about our products, services and promotions (including service updates) and making product or service recommendations to you;
- Customizing the Website to suit your preferences; and
- Keeping our Website secure.
2.3 We may also disclose personal data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Banks and the providers of credit reports for the purposes of transaction processing, which may keep a record of that information. If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, we will store your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After your purchase transaction is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. PCI-DSS requirements help to ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
- Certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. We recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers;
- Third parties (such as social networks), where you direct us to do so. Your personal data will become subject to the privacy policies of those third parties when it is shared with them. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets that may be disclosed to the prospective and eventual buyers; or
2.4 In carrying out the above activities, we may transfer your personal data. Wherever we transfer your personal data, we will take steps to safeguard it.
2.5 By submitting your personal data, you agree to us transferring, storing or processing your personal data as outlined above.
3.2 The cookies that we use can be categorized as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies are essential for your use of the Website and its features, such as making a product purchase. We have to use these cookies to make the Website work as it should, whether or not you agree to cookies being used.
- Performance cookies collect information about how visitors use the Website, so that we can understand how our Website is used. We may use Google Analytics for this purpose: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies.
- Functionality cookies allow the Website to remember you in order to provide enhanced customized features (e.g. language preferences).
3.3 To find out more about cookies, visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. Your browser settings may allow you to choose not to receive any cookies: you should consult the 'Help' section of your browser for more information. By rejecting or disabling cookies, certain Website content or functionality may not be available to you.
4. Keeping Your Personal Data Secure
4.1 We take steps to ensure that your personal data is protected against unauthorized loss or disclosure. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, lost or destroyed.
4.2 Our Website may contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or how those third parties may use your personal data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
4.3 We do not knowingly collect information about anyone under 18 years of age or the age of majority in your state or province of residence. By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
5. Your Rights
5.1 In accordance with applicable law, users of our Website may have the right to:
- access to the personal data that we hold about you;
- request that we correct, amend or update your personal data; and
- request that we stop using your information for marketing purposes and, in certain circumstances, that we stop using your personal data altogether.
5.2 You may have additional rights under your local law.
6. California Do Not Track Notice
Under California law, website and online service operators are required to disclose how they respond to web browser "do not track" signals or other similar mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across third party websites, to the extent the operator engages in that collection. At this time, we do not track our customers' personal information over time and across third-party websites and therefore this requirement does not apply to us.
California law also requires website and online service operators to disclose whether third parties may collect personal information about their users' online activities over time and across different sites when the users use the operator's website or service. Third parties that have content or services on our site such as a social feature, analytics service, or an advertising network partner, may obtain information about your browsing or usage habits but this information does not include personal information. We do not knowingly permit such third parties to collect any personal information from our site unless you directly provide it to us and we provide it to them with your consent.
7. Contacting Us
Thank you for visiting our Website.