RETROUVÉ DIY HYDRATING FACIAL
For Normal to Very Dry Skin
During social distancing and self-isolation due to the spread of coronavirus, an at-home facial can be a satisfying and beneficial means of self-care. We hope that the following protocol for a supremely moisturizing facial will provide a small measure of respite and relaxation!
- Tie hair back or wrap in a towel or turban.
- Remove rings and cleanse hands thoroughly.
- For optimal relaxation, the room can be lit dimly with soft music playing.
- Remove any makeup with makeup remover. (We find that an oil-based remover is more effective and causes less pulling on the skin.)
- Cleanse face by massaging Luminous Cleansing Elixir onto wet or dry skin, depending upon skin type and personal preference. (Those with drier skin may prefer to apply cleanser directly to the skin without moistening it first.) Our water-free cleansing balm moisturizes the skin while removing dirt, debris, and residue from the skin’s surface. Remove Luminous Cleansing Elixir with a damp washcloth or clean facial sponges. It is important always to make sure that the temperature of the water is cool-warm, as hot water can be damaging and drying to the skin. After use, skin will feel clean and soft!
- After cleansing, pat the skin dry gently with a clean towel or soft cloth.
- Gently exfoliate the skin using our Skin Brilliance Priming Pads. Plush, gentle, and scientifically-balanced Skin Brilliance Priming Pads are saturated with alpha hydroxy acids (fruit acids) and panthenol (Vitamin B5) to exfoliate the skin while also providing a soothing effect for a healthy and radiant-looking skin appearance. To use, lightly glide a Skin Brilliance Priming Pad across the skin in short, upward strokes, avoiding the immediate eye area. Do not rinse the solution from the skin – wait a minute or two for solution to be absorbed by the skin before proceeding to next step. Skin Brilliance Priming Pads are designed to prime and prepare the skin to accept all of the nutrients in the subsequent application of our efficacious and concentrated moisturizers, allowing the ingredients to penetrate deeper into the skin’s dermal layer.
- Massage a generous amount of Intensive Replenishing Facial Moisturizer onto facial skin in gentle, upward circular motions, or use a roller to assist in distributing the treatment, avoiding the immediate eye area in either case. Also apply to neck and décolletage or upper chest area, reapplying as often as needed to get maximum slip so as to avoid pulling at the skin. Allow a generous layer of the preparation to remain on the skin as a mask for 10-30 minutes or as desired. While the mask is on the skin, we suggest reclining and elevating the feet to optimize circulation and relaxation.
- Any excess moisturizer remaining on the fingers can be massaged onto the hands as well.
- While the mask is sitting, massage hands and arms with our Baume Ultime Body Oil, again using as much product as needed to ensure adequate slippage so as to avoid pulling at the skin. Focus particularly on the elbows and any dry areas. Generously massage the body oil up the arm even to the shoulder in upward strokes and include the fingers. Massage oil into the cuticle bed on the sides of the nails for maximal efficacy. The body oil can remain on the skin or a towel can be used to pat to remove gently any excess oil.
- Remove the Intensive Replenishing Facial Moisturizer mask with a warm cloth.
- Finally, apply Revitalizing Eye Concentrate Skin Hydrator to the delicate skin in the eye area: Pump a small amount of Revitalizing Eye Concentrate Skin Hydrator onto clean fingertip and, using a gentle tapping motion, apply along the orbital bone, avoiding direct contact with eyes or immediate eye area. Please note that this formulation is highly concentrated, so a little bit goes a long way! Its silky texture glides across the skin and will not stress or pull skin in the fragile eye area upon application.
- Follow with the Retrouvé moisturizer of choice. In general, our moisturizers are recommended as follows:Nutrient Face Serum – Suggested for normal to oilier skin types
Dynamic Nourishing Face Cream – Excellent for normal to dry skin
Intensive Replenishing Facial Moisturizer – Essential for dry skin
- Hands that are especially dry and parched from continuous washing and sanitizing could benefit especially from some extra attention and moisturization. For an effective treatment of severely dry hands, massage a liberal amount of our Baume Ultime where needed into affected areas, and cover with cotton gloves; allow to remain overnight. Don’t forget to treat the cuticles!
- Please know that we are delighted to be of service to you via phone, text, email, Skype, or Face Time! Please call our expert ambassadors toll-free in the U.S. at 844-738-5546 for a complimentary consultation to customize an optimal Retrouvé regimen for your individual skincare needs. We are also always happy to answer any product-related questions that you may have, provide tips for usage, or simply talk. We look forward to hearing from you and hope that you are all staying safe and healthy!